Getting started in the DFW area

@Xiao, welcome to the forum!

I remember we met about a year ago now at last year’s DFW Startup Week – you were new to the area and learning your way around.

Based on what you’ve learned over the last year, what advice would you give to folks that are new arrivals to the DFW startup community?

Hey, thanks for the welcome! Biggest thing I’ve learned: show up in person, a lot, and in different places. Nothing replaces the trust from an actual conversation, and most relationships that mattered for me came from just staying present over time, not one great pitch.

Also, DFW isn’t one startup scene, it’s several. Dallas, Plano, Frisco, Fort Worth each have their own flavor of events and resources. Stick to just one city and you’ll miss a lot.

Looking forward to meeting more of you!

2 Likes

DFW is about 90 Square miles. Making it to all startup events/meetups will get out of hand quickly. What I would focus on is attending events based on my startup’s industry. If I were growing a product in the “CBG” space, I would not go to events hosted by Healthwildcatters, and vice versa.

2 Likes

Great advice @nancyjhong - and welcome to the forum!